we knew all the summer secrets…
- 2 reviews: the Financial Times and Theatre fullstop.
- 190 people saw it over three performances.
- Our team was made up of 80% female, 60% BAME, 20% LGBTQ in comparison to the 43% female and 7% BAME workforce reported in the 2012 Equality and Diversity within the arts and cultural sector England report.
- 13 breakaways (spoiler).
- 2219 miles traveled.
- 34 hours of warm up.
- 510 tracks played (mostly our favourite 5 over and over again).
- 10 dance offs.
- We lost count of coffees and muffins from mouse tail coffee at Whitechapel and Peckham.
- 3 redrafts.
- 35 cheated facecloths (spoiler).
- 3 rehearsal guests.
- 2 trailers.
- 1 portfolio of shots.
what you said…
- Financial Times “It’s a poignant, skilfully rendered piece.”
- Theatre fullstop “Writer and Director Natalie Ibu presents a moving and heartbreaking narrative, a narrative that repeats the everyday, the mundane, but highlights how the change in family infrastructure can completely alter the ordinary. A must see, I had to hold back the tears.”
- @Meedya “@tiatafahodzi delivers a poignant emotional rollercoaster @NewWolsey for #pulse15. 2 actors skilfully balance the journey from joy to grief”
- The Public Reviews “Tiata Fahodzi offer a poignant look at family grief…”
- @Piterk68 “My favourite show @LatitudeFest was @tiatafahodzi and “I know all the secrets in my world” beautiful, moving, unmissable if you get a chance”
- @Shakespiller “Still thinking about @tiatafahodzi’s deeply moving world of wordless grief in I Know All The Secrets at #DEparture15. Beautiful show.”
- @OlwenCDavies “A moving piece from @tiatafahodzi today, had me close to tears & warmed by its sensitivity #12watch @ingoodcoEM #DEpartureLounge”
- @SarahBrigham (Artistic Director, Derby Theatre) “Achingly heartbreaking & silent portrayal of grief by @tiatafahodzi @NMHIBUIsHere #DEparture15”
- @Sliceoflifefram “Saw @tiatafahodzi at @LatitudeFest – absolutely stunning play. 5 of us in tears!”
the shots (official)
the unofficial shots