This month we announced that our Artistic Director — Natalie Ibu had been selected to be a part of INTERSECT 2018 a programme that aims to improve cultural diversity in the arts. The initiative is led by the British Council and Diversity Arts Australia and they be working with Creative Victoria, the University of Western Sydney and the Institute of Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship, Goldsmiths, University of London on a program that hopes to generate opportunities for PoC artists.
Natalie will be joined by five other outstanding people who are leaders in strengthening cultural diversity and inclusion in the arts in Australia and the UK and who are keen to share experiences, best practice and develop international networks to draw upon during their career. She’ll be working with:
- Adelaide Bannerman — a freelance project manager who is currently working for International Curators Forum and in partnership is developing an international residency programme amongst other activities.
- Jacob Boehme — the Creative Director of YIRRAMBOI Festival, Melbourne’s premier biennial First Nations arts festival. Jacob is a multi-disciplinary theatre maker and choreographer, creating work for stage, screen, large-scale public events and festivals.
- Candy Bowers — a multidisciplinary writer, actor, producer, theatremaker and filmmaker. The co-artistic director of Black Honey Company.
- Abdul Shayek — the Theatre and Artistic Director of FIO, which he founded in 2005.
- Dr Mikala Tai — the director of 4A Centre for Contemporary Asian Art, Sydney.